Monday, May 12, 2008

Emirates Palace Trip

I went to the Emirates Palace at May, 13th, with my classmates and our English teacher Frankie. We went there to see the new project "Masdar City", and the other exhibitions there like Alsaadiyat Island and the arts of Islam.
When we reached the Palace, we were supposed to meet there at the main hall; we started with Masdar City model. When I saw the model and Mrs. Frankie showed how it's going to be, I thought that it was amazing, it was really fibulas how all this designs were built and all the new technology on it and that was great and that's one step for Abu Dhabi to try and show the world that "We are doing something".
After we spent sometime near Masdar City model, we went to see AlSaadiyat project. Before I go there and see what's they are planning to do, all I had in my mind that they are going to make an island that have many towers and it's just like anything else we used to see, but when I saw it, I thought that it's amazing, specially with all the museums.
Finally, we went to see the art of Islam gallery which contains many things that Muslims used to have and use in the past like war armors, swords and so many other equipments that was used in wars during several periods in the past. What I really liked there was the room that had the inventions that Muslims invented in the past.
In the end, I think that the trip was really great and we learn many things when we go and see all of these things rather than just hear about them all the time. I hope we have trips like that again in the future.

No comments: